In theatre, blocking is the exact positioning of actors on a stage during a performance. The word comes from practices used by theatre directors of the 19th century, who worked out the staging of a scene on a model stage using wooden blocks to represent each of the actors. Today, the director usually determines blocking during rehearsal. They tell the actors where they should move for the proper dramatic and lighting effect, and to ensure that the audience can see everything.
The stage itself has been given named areas to help blocking.
- The back of the stage is considered up-stage.
- The front of the stage is down-stage.
- Stage left and right refer to the actor's left and right facing the audience. Because this is sometimes misunderstood, the terms prompt (actor's or stage left) and bastard/opposite prompt (actor's or stage right) are also used.
- House left and house right refer to how the audience sees the stage. The audience's left is called house left, and the audience's right is called house right.
- ↑Novak, Elaine Adams; Novak, Deborah (1996). Staging Musical Theatre. Cincinnati, Ohio: Betterway Books. ISBN978-1-55870-407-7. OCLC34651521.
- ↑Cameron, Ron (1999). Acting Skills for Life. Toronto: Dundurn Press. ISBN978-0-88924-289-0. OCLC43282895.
Blocking: In IT, blocking can be used in many ways to talk about the prevention of some action or command, or the hiding of some visual element from an interface. When something is blocked, it does not function or “go through” an interface. Blocking can be a user preference, or an essential part of a hardware and software system. Blocking the right user. When selecting which user to block, keep in mind: Usernames are exact and case sensitive. The easiest way to ensure you're blocking the right user is to copy and paste the username from elsewhere on the wiki into the Block box. IP addresses can be blocked using either the IPv4 or IPv6 format. As with usernames, you.
After a Trump rally and march ended with an assault on the Capitol by supporters of the president, many social media companies responded by banning his accounts or limiting Donald Trump’s posts. Blocking is a theatrical term for the collaborative process that takes place between a director and actors that involves a carefully organized plan for physical movement during a performance. Install a call blocking-device. If your home phone is a traditional landline that doesn’t use the internet (VoIP), you can buy and install a call-blocking device. Call-blocking devices are typically small boxes you attach to your phone. Some devices use blacklist databases of known scam numbers but let you add numbers you want blocked.