Decode your BMW VIN for free using the powerful My Free VIN Decoder. Learn everything about your bimmer: specifications, accident history, outstanding defects, and much more!
BMW Serial Number's. BMW car radios will normally contain a 14 digit serial number which can be found either printed on a label or engraved on the side of the unit. These serials are only visible once the BMW radio has been removed from the vehicle. Examples of serials include: PH78; BP44. This is BMW VIN Decoder. Every BMW has a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). This number contains vital information about the vehicle, such as model, year of production, manufacturer, country and plant of assembly, type of engine, and more. Also if someone buy a vehicle, it is possible to check Vehicle History through VIN Number. Input the last seven digits of the first BMW's VIN in the first 'Enter BMW VIN' field, and the last seven digits of the second BMW's VIN in the second 'Enter BMW VIN' field. You may be required to complete a reCAPTCHA to prove you are not a robot.
Last decoded BMW VIN numbers: WBAHN83568DT80280. BMW VIN Decoder (It.
Don’t have a VIN? Find out where to locate your VIN number.
What is a BMW VIN?
The BMW VIN is a 17-character code that uniquely identifies every BMW vehicle in the world. Think of it as the fingerprint of a BMW motor vehicle - each car or motorcycle has one, and no two BMW VIN codes are alike. Because of this, you can use the VIN to learn a lot about your vehicle. This information is particularly useful when purchasing used cars. The BMW VIN will tell you whether the seller is telling the truth about the vehicle’s specifications and history.
What does the BMW VIN contain?
The various letters and numbers in the BMW VIN indicate different types of information about the vehicle:
- World Manufacturer Index (WMI). Indicates the manufacturer (BMW), country of manufacture, and the vehicle type
- Vehicle Descriptor Section (VDS). Vehicle characteristics: the brand, engine type, body type, transmission type, and more
- Vehicle Identifier Section (VIS). The final 6 digits are a unique serial number that identifies the specific BMW vehicle the VIN belongs to.
Where to find it?
You will normally find the BMW VIN:
- On the driver’s side of the dashboard. Just step outside the car and look behind the windshield.
- On the driver’s side door pillar. Look around the area where the door connects to your vehicle.
Bmw Motorcycle Serial Number Decoder
If you can’t find your BMW VIN printed in either of these places, you can also check on the engine block under the hood. Alternatively, it should also appear on the insurance or registration documents.