- Ed Tech Blogsslcsd Educational Technology Resources Technology
- Ed Tech Blogsslcsd Educational Technology Resources Llc
- Ed Tech Blogsslcsd Educational Technology Resources Inc
- Ed Tech Blogsslcsd Educational Technology Resources Internships
Since technology allows access to different people in different places, students can work together online without having to go to each other’s houses. Money can be saved on educational infrastructure and resources if educational technology is integrated heavily into the educational system. Ed-tech experts are predicting that the increasing use of technology in K-12 education fueled those cyberattacks more than ever during COVID-19, but is likely to continue to be a big problem for.
The Instructional Technology program (EDIT) was founded to prepare instructional technology professionals:
- with the knowledge and skills in design, development, utilization, management, and evaluation of materials, processes, and resources to enhance learning in educational and business settings and
- who are committed to respecting diversity among people, and who ascribe to the highest of ethical standards and practice in the field of instructional technology.
EDIT prepares educators and instructional technology professionals to provide opportunities for growth to and contribution to the field and society through research and practice seek to Improve learning and performance.
EDIT vision is to become a learning instructional technology program through cutting-edge research, teaching, service. Graduates will serve as a change agent bringing in effective use of technology process and resources to address learning and performance needs in diverse settings.
The overall goals and objectives of the Educational Instructional Technology program embrace the 2008 definition of instructional technology endorsed by the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT).
Educational technology is the study and ethical practice of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using, and managing appropriate technological processes and resources.
The goals for students in EDIT revolve around the following six broad areas of Instructional Technology.
- Theories and models of instructional design;
- Development of instructional materials through a variety of technologies based on theories and models of instructional design;
- Utilization of processes and resources to promote learning;
- Management of technologies, resources and development for instructional purposes;
- Evaluation of programs, projects, and materials; and
- Critical analysis of research, trends and issues related to the field of instructional technology.
While defined as six separate goals, these categories do not exist in isolation. A student taking a course with a heavy focus on any one goal would be exploring and utilizing knowledge and skills related to the other five categories.
Career Opportunities with this degree
The EDIT graduate programs prepare instructional technology professionals for leadership roles in public school and college level education, for training positions in business and industry, and for leadership roles in distance education.
- Masters (M.Ed.) in Educational and Instructional Technology
- The Master's Degree in Instructional Technology is offered completely online.
- Doctorate (Ed.D.) in Educational and Instructional Technology
- The Doctoral Degree in Instructional Technology is a offered on the TTU main campus with some courses offered online.
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology with Instructional Technology Specialization
- The Doctoral Degree (on campus) in conjunction with Educational Psychology
- Ph.D. Handbook (coming soon)
- Graduate Certificate of E-Learning and Online Teaching
- Five online courses focusing on effective teaching in an online environment
How to Apply
- Please follow the graduate application process at https://www.depts.ttu.edu/education/apply-now/graduate.php
Required Supplemental Application Materials
- M.Ed.: Resume, Applicant Statement, 2 Professional Recommendations. Download a comprehensive list of requirements.
- Ed.D.: Resume, Applicant Statement, Writing Sample, 3 Professional Recommendations, GRE Scores. Download a comprehensive list of requirements.
- The Ed.D. program requires official GRE scores. Scores must no more than 5 years old at the time of application. Official GRE scores must be sent from Educational Testing Services (ETS) to the Texas Tech Graduate School. To register for the examination please visit the GRE Testing website. Texas Tech University's code is 6827.
- Due to the ongoing situation surrounding COVID-19, the Graduate School has temporarily changed its admission requirements regarding test scores. The GRE may optionally be submitted by applicants for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 academic years. International applicants may use certain alternate exams in place of the TOEFL. Please visit the Graduate Admissions COVID-19 FAQ page for more information.
Semester in which the programs can be started
Ed Tech Blogsslcsd Educational Technology Resources Technology
- Continuous enrollment, students may begin coursework during any semester.
Estimated Hours to Completion
Ed Tech Blogsslcsd Educational Technology Resources Llc
- The master's degree consists of 36 hours of coursework.
- The Ed.D. consists of 93 hours of coursework.
Allowable Transfer Hours
- Master's - up to 6 hours, at the discretion of the advisor
- Doctorate - up to 30 hours, at the discretion of the advisor
Ed Tech Blogsslcsd Educational Technology Resources Inc
- Please find all financial aids and research assistantship at https://www.depts.ttu.edu/education/student-resources/graduate/
Tuition & Fees
- Use the Student Business Services Tuition Estimator to estimate your costs.
Brandi StephensAcademic AdvisorOffice of Graduate Admissions & Enrollment[email protected] 806-834-4554
Ed Tech Blogsslcsd Educational Technology Resources Internships
Inan, Fethi A., Ed.D.Professor; Ed.D. contact personEducational Psychology & Leadership[email protected] 806-834-4743
Shin, Sungwon, Ph.D.Assistant Professor; M.Ed. contact personEducational Psychology & Leadership[email protected] (806) 834-6240
- The EDIT course titles and descriptions are available in TTU Academic Catalog.