- Fingerprint Reader Driver
- Fingerprint Reader Driver Windows 7
- Fingerprint Reader Driver For Windows 10
- Fingerprint Reader Driver Windows 10 Hp
- Fingerprint Reader Driver Windows 10
- Fingerprint Reader Driver Lenovo
For the Fingerprint Reader to function you will need to install the drivers & software on your system. The software used for the fingerprint reader is Dell Data Protection Security Tools (DDP ST) and can be found on the Drivers & Downloads site page, from there, please add your service tag or allow the site to identify your system to ensure the correct driver & software are identified for your. USB Fingerprint Reader, DDSKY Portable Security Key Biometric Fingerprint Scanner Support Windows 10 32/64 Bits with Latest Windows Hello Features (1-Pack) 4.2 out of 5 stars 253 $21.99. This package contains the driver that enables the Validity Fingerprint Sensor in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The fingerprint sensor scans fingerprints for use with biometric security applications.
- Sep 21, 2020 If the fingerprint reader isn’t working after you wake up your computer from sleep, maybe it’s time to perform a driver update. To perform this task, you basically need to go to your laptop manufacturer’s website, look for the most recent drivers, and download them.
- How to Install the Fingerprint Reader Drivers Download drivers for use with the biometric ID (fingerprint) readers used with Procare Software. Only use these drivers if directed to do so by a member of the Procare Technical Support team.
If you find the fingerprint reader on your Lenovo laptop doesn’t work any more, don’t panic. It’s often quite easy to fix…
4 Fixes for Lenovo Fingerprint Reader Not Working
Here’re 4 fixes that have helped other users resolve the Lenovo Fingerprint Reader Not Working Windows 10 problem. Just work your way down the list until you find the fix that does the trick.
Fix 1: Check the fingerprint scanner
Before addressing the fingerprint reader not working problem, you might want to check the fingerprint scanner for possible hardware issues.
- Check if there’s any grease or dust on the scanner. If yes, then gently wipe it off with a piece of clean cloth.
- Check if there’re any scratches on the sensor. If it’s been badly scratched, then send it to a trustworthy computer repair shop or the computer vendor for repair. If the sensor is in good condition but the fingerprint reader doesn’t work, please move on to Fix 2, below.
Fix 2: Update your fingerprint reader driver
This problem may occur if you are using the wrong fingerprint reader driver or it’s out of date. So you should update your fingerprint reader driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Fingerprint Reader Driver
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires thePro version– you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer and see if the fingerprint reader works properly this time. If it works, then great. But if it doesn’t, move on to Fix 3, below.
Fix 3: Uninstall Lenovo Finerprint Manager and use the default fingerprint driver
Fingerprint Reader Driver Windows 7
If Fix 2 doesn’t work for you, then you’d probably have to uninstall the lenovo fingerprint software and the fingerprint driver (so that Windows will install the default generic one for you) to see if it works.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key, then type apps and click on Apps & features.
- Locate and click on Lenovo Finerprint Manager (or, Lenovo Finerprint Manager Pro)and click Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall to confirm.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type devmgmt.msc, then press Enter.
- Double-click on Biometric devices and then right-click on your Lenovo fingerprint device and click Uninstall device.
- ClickUninstallto confirm.
- Restart your computer, then test to see if the fingerprint reader not working problem has been solved.
Fingerprint Reader Driver For Windows 10
Fix 4: Re-enroll your fingerprints
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type sign-in, then click on Sign-in options.
- Scroll down to Windows Hello, and click Set up under the Fingerprint section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the fingerprint login.
- Don’t forget to test if the fingerprint reader works normally this time.
How have the fixes above helped you with your troubleshooting? Do you have any experiences or ideas to share with us? Feel free to leave us a comment below and let us know your thoughts.
Featured image by Olena Sergienko on Unsplash
Windows 10 fingerprint reader is an embedded-in biometric device which makes the Windows 10 login in work like a charm. Fingerprint reader make you login in with the image of your finger and then register it in the Biometric devices, thus making you login in again through the copy of your fingerprint. Once it scans your finger with the valid credential, you can login in from Windows hello easily. Whereas as long as the fingerprint reader is not working, you may fail to login in in a wink.
Nevertheless, the error message “fingerprint reader is having trouble recognizing your fingerprint” may often bother you, especially after you have updated some drivers or make some changes on Windows 10.
If you are experiencing the fingerprint reader not working issue, hope this tutorial can be a good helper.
Solution 1: Check Fingerprint Reader physical condition
To make things easier, you may as well check if the fingerprint reader is in good physical working condition. You should take a cleaning for it with a dry and clean cloth to clear away the stinky things on the fingerprint reader, such as cheese.
Note: If you are the Microsoft Fingerprint reader user, the reason for which you cannot use fingerprint reader may due to that you have not registered your finger yet, so you would better register at once.
Fingerprint Reader Driver Windows 10 Hp
Solution 2: Uninstall Fingerprint Reader driver
If the fingerprint reader still stops working, then the problem may lie in the incompatible driver, hence, you are to uninstall the fingerprint reader driver and reinstall it again to see if it works.
You can uninstall the fingerprint reader driver by referring to this path:
Device Manager > Biometric Devices > Validity Sensor.
Then double click the Validity Sensor and Uninstall it.
Once you have uninstalled the fingerprint reader driver, restart your PC and Windows 10 will automatically reinstall a new fingerprint reader driver for you.
Having reinstalled the fingerprint reader driver, you now can set up your fingerprint anew. This time it can work well on Windows 10.
Solution 3: Update Fingerprint Reader Driver
Of course, you can update the Fingerprint Reader drivers to fix the fingerprinter reader not working error.
And for updating the laptop fingerprint reader drivers, there are 3 ways you can do it.
option 1: You can update the driver from the device manager. After uninstalling the driver, you can expand the device Validity Sensor and choose Update driver to make the Windows search the driver directly.
Option 2: You can download the fingerprint reader drivers from the official site. Goes to the drivers download center, and then dowload the driver step by step. After the driver downloaded, you can install it.
Option 3: Updating fingerprint reader driver automatically. For the automatic way, you can use Driver Booster to help you.
As a professional driver download and update tool, it can scan your latptop devices including the validity sensor and then recommend the right driver to help you update it.
Related View: How to Update All Drivers for Windows 10?
Method 4: Fix Fingerprint reader login problem
When you want to log in on the Windows 10 with the fingerprint reader, but failed. It is also a common issue bothering people, if you happened to that, it is impossible for you to gain admission to Windows 10 easily. Here are the steps offered to you to fix it.
To remove fingerprint reader software.
1: Press Win + R to open the Run dialog.
2: type Appwiz.cpl in the run box.
Fingerprint Reader Driver Windows 10
3: Under Currently installed programs, click Digital Persona Password Manager and Remove it by clicking it. Then choose YES.
Set up fingerprint reader passport.
Follow the path:
Win + R to open Run dialog > type control userpasswords2 > click OK > choose Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer > OK.
After you have removed the fingerprint reader software and set up a new passport, you can now register your fingerprint and use it to login in Windows 10 again.
Method 5: Check Fingerprint reader BIOS
As discussed above, the fingerprint reader is controlled by Biometric devices, to fix the fingerprint reader not working in Windows 10, maybe you should check the BIOS settings of the Biometric devices.
You can open BIOS when you press the start button to open the computer and then press F9 key to get into the BIOS setup options. Then under the system configuration, you can find the Biometric device option, choose to enable it. With the Biometric devices BIOS settings opened, it is may bring you a charm when you log to your computer with the fingerprint.
Believe it or not, you can always find a way to solve fingerprint reader not working issue in Windows 10, for the solutions are raised according to the causes. The more way you try, the easier the fingerprint reader issue being solved.
Fingerprint Reader Driver Lenovo