Once you have HUD set up and running, you may quit the program, uninstall the old version of Java, and install an updated version, as r616 is very, very old. Or you can allow auto update to update it for you. Enter a search term above to get started. Get Live Chat Support and Self Help Guide Here!
Chris Lyman is one of my favorites in the industry. He’s got drive, vision and an incredible mind for this technology.
That’s why I was happy to see his HUD3 demo a few month’s ago and was even more excited to hear that the official version of HUD3 was launching this week at IT Expo. Since I wasn’t able to make it out to the IT Expo, but still wanted to get Chris’s thoughts on the release, I shot Chris a few questions about HUD3 via email. Let’s take a look…
- Chris, a lot of people are familiar with trixbox and Fonality, but don’t really know much about HUD. Can you tell us what HUD is?
HUD is a PC or Mac application that sits on the desktop of every employee and connects them all — whether working from home or the office. I could use the buzzword “unified communication”, but instead let me explain what it really does. HUD centralizes all the disparate communication methods used in the modern workplace. So, this means that with a single click inside HUD, your employees can call a desk phone, create a conference call, call a mobile, send an email, leave a voicemail, chat, monitor or record calls, and even send SMS texts. It is an extremely efficient tool that boosts productivity. It’s like email on steroids.
- So, what’s new in HUD3?Oh, boy, where do I start? With over 1,000,000 lines of *new* code, the list is long. Let me try to hit the majors: Google Talk chat + presence integration, Web 2.0 integration, Photo Caller-ID, visual voicemail, visual conferencing (with record, kick, mute), SSL-based secure chat, SMS text messaging, mobile presence, multi-lingual (will launch in 7 languages including Japanese), 40% less RAM and starts up 3x faster than HUD2, fully hands free operation (answer or put calls on hold without touching your phone), and much more. We’ve also built in a bunch of advanced call center features, such as real-time queues (with alarms, alerts, broadcast, and call poaching). Use your mind to make coffee without leaving the bed. This thing is stacked.
- A lot of companies have done presence and message aggregation,what makes HUD3 special, unique and different?Four reasons#1 Price – HUD 3.0 doesn’t have a separate per user license. By using HUD, you can avoid buying Microsoft OCS or Cisco Call Manager plus all the other requisite additives that those companies jam down your throat. With Microsoft or Cisco or Avaya, you think you are buying one SKU and you find yourself weeping in your CFO’s office as your budget has been broken by the other 10 things they made you buy. HUD is Unified Communications in a box with one single low price ($995 for PBXtra and free with trixbox Pro).
#2 Mobility – The world has changed. It is all about mobility now. And, this is the premise that HUD is built upon. Our approach is that your employee should have the same level of connectedness whether working from the office, home or the road. This is in stark contrast to the “Your LAN is your prison guard” approach of the big iron vendors (Cisco, Nortel, Avaya, now Microsoft, etc.). There is no secret to how we do this. Our patented Hybrid-Hosted architecture keep mobile employees connected to headquarters even when they travel outside the LAN. No need for IT staff and VPNs and all that expensive stuff.
#3 Features – You posited HUD 3.0 as a “presence and message aggregation” software. Yes, it is that, but it extends much farther. It is also a call control platform. It is also a Web 2.0 vehicle for instant integration with CRM, ticketing, billing, etc. It is also is a call center product allowing for visual queues, barging, monitoring, recording, text whisper, etc. It even has presence detection and will route calls based on keyboard and mouse inactivity. It will also put sugar in your coffee from bed, using your mind. It’s that good.
#4 Ease of Use – As you know, it’s multiples easier to create a feature than make it easy to use. This is the classic mistake that both Open Source and telecom companies make they focus on features and not usability. And, this is one of the key areas we diverge from the horde. Fonality is a software company focused on making easy-to-use applications. We try to be the TiVo of Telecom. This means yours truly, brings all the complexities of his own unique OCD signature to bear on making sure that our software is easy enough to use itself. Hey, that sounded weird.
- What do you see (or don’t see) in the unified communication space that has shaped the development around HUD3?I like to call it Unified Miscommunications this thing is a buzzword from hell that needs a big flyswatter. Each camp has its own definition. So, let’s forget the camps. Let’s listen to what business owners *expect* when they hear this term. I read a good Gartner study recently, which stated that 75% of them believed it meant increased employee productivity, 64% hoped for increased responsiveness to their customers, and 60% stated “better collaboration within the company”. So, you start to see this thematic resonation around the concept of efficiency.
This, I believe, is where other UC vendors get it somewhat wrong. They think UC is about a bunch of new features. We only think about efficiency. HUD is all about making your existing interactions between employees or between employee and customer super efficient. Sure, some of this is from features. But much of it lies in the interface – making it intuitive, making it useful, making it obvious making it shout the things it needs to shout, and whisper the rest. You have to focus group the heck out of software in order to make it, well, make a difference.
That is what we have done with HUD. This thing becomes more useful than email after a while. Answer the phone with a keypress, hang up with a keypress, transfer a call using your mouse, click-to-call someone already on the phone and HUD will try them later when they hang up. Your employees will seamlessly move between their communication mediums be it chat, email, fixed calling, mobile calling, or SMS texting. These are the types of efficiencies we have created with HUD.
- Many companies, both end users and vendors have had trouble selling technology like HUD n the past. Has market demand changed or is your target market different from those previous?We have a 65% take rate with HUD across our 5,000 PBX deployments. Why so high? This is because other software and telecom companies have forgotten that you have to make software LOOK good and FEEL good, in order to make people want to buy it. Good software is sexy. Think of the iPhone interface. It’s sexy. So, is HUD.I have this saying: easy software ain’t easy to make. HUD is easy software.
- If I am small medium business, why should I be taking a hard look at HUD3? How does it improve my business/call center?If you are a non-call center, HUD 3.0 will connect all your employees at home, work, or road with a secure chat network. It will also allow employees to communicate across 11 disparate media (email, mobile, SMS, etc.) with a single click of the mouse. This is serious efficiency and will save you some serious money.If you are a call center, HUD 3.0 will give you real-time information on your queues, your customers, and your agents. You can have supervisors in one country and agents in another, all working together, in real-time, to support your customers. We go way beyond simple barge, monitor, and record capabilities. You will have real-time views of each queue, with up-to-the-second stats, alarms, and broadcasting — allowing you to drive your abandonment rates down and your close rates up. That’s money and money if you are a support or sales-driven organization.
- Fonality, especially you, has been talking up HUD for a few years now. Is this (HUD) the future for Fonality?HUD is an important pony at Fonality, but not the only beast of burden in our stable. Over 50% of our R&D budget is still spent on our Web-based interfaces, our core Linux, and switch development efforts.
- How would an offering like HUD3 benefit value-added resellers? Does it provide incremental or bolt-on revenues?At the outset of the sales process, HUD is the frosting the sells the cake. In other words, it sets us apart from our competitors because once prospects see it, they want it. So, it is not only easier to use *and* less expensive than the big iron guys, it actually provides functionality those guys can’t provide this is a big deal when we’re talking to a Cisco reseller about why we’re a better fit for them.But your question is a good one: can resellers make *more* money with HUD 3.0. I think that answer is “yes”. That is because there are advanced versions of HUD 3.0 available for additional dollars. One example of this is HUD 3.0 Queues which is the real-time queue control add-on I told you about. HUD Queues adds huge value to the end customer, and puts some cake on the reseller’s table as well.
For more information about Fonality’s HUD3, click here.
Prism HUD is software tool that allows you to monitor several loads on your computer, which include CPU, processes and memory loads, among others. The program features a series of very stylish, transparent bars that show any changes at all times. It is useful, customizable, and highly recommendable.
- Publisher: Util's Haven
- Last updated: June 19th, 2009
Native Instruments Mikro Prism
Fonality Hud Classic Download Eagle Austin Tx
MIKRO PRISM is a new free instrument, based on the successful synthesizer REAKTOR PRISM. Using the same sound engine as its bigger brother and REAKTOR 5.5’s new dynamic 'Modal Bank' technology, this fully-playable instrument shines with a stunning range of brilliant sounds.
- Publisher: Native Instruments
- Home page:www.native-instruments.com
- Last updated: March 16th, 2019
GIGABYTE Gamer HUD
GIGABYTE's Gamer HUD is one part of GIGABYTE's newest Gamer Rig Avatar* named Avatar Angel, granting operatives a wide range of enhanced abilities. Avatar Angel's suit features an integrated Head's Up display (HUD) which utilizes an real-time link to place essential VGA information directly in view.
- Publisher: Gigabyte
- Last updated: March 9th, 2008
It tracks your experience statistics and displays that and other information to a HUD. It also includes a clock HUD and a item HUD, a target HUD, and a status HUD. It also has several other features to make playing easier and more enjoyable, including auto mana stone use, auto bonus gem use, and auto beer use.
- Publisher: Zegeger
- Last updated: April 7th, 2012
Prism Dice is a versatile, configurable dice program for use while playing Prism or any other roleplaying game. Prism Dice gives you a page of eight buttons to set up as any kind of dice you can think of. Prism Dice supports the dice used in almost every roleplaying game.
- Publisher: Mynstrel's Song Productions
- Home page:personalpages.tds.net
- Last updated: August 11th, 2008
Classic Music Download
Easy HUD software is fully compliant with the 2010 RESPA Final Rule. The RESPA Final Rule complicates residential real estate closings. Without properly designed HUD software, you will face tedious, error-prone preparation of the new GFE-HUD comparison sheet. No worries when you choose Easy HUD software.
- Publisher: Easy Soft
- Home page:www.easysoft-usa.com
- Last updated: May 30th, 2012
Prism Video Converter
Prism is the most stable and comprehensive multi-format video converter available and is very easy to use. Convert or compress video files within minutes. Universal video converter supporting all popular formats. Batch video conversion to convert multiple videos at once.
- Publisher: NCH Software
- Home page:www.nchsoftware.com
- Last updated: December 4th, 2020
3D Geometrical Objects
The program can represent the following objects in 3D space: regular prism (3 to 10 sides); general three-sided prism; special four-sided prism (adjustable inclination of sides); regular pyramid (3 to 10 sides). Interactive 3D animation.
- Publisher: EduIQ.com
- Last updated: September 16th, 2008
GraphPad Prism combines scientific graphing, comprehensive curve fitting (nonlinear regression), statistics, and data organization. It was originally designed for experimental biologists in medical schools and drug companies, especially those in pharmacology and physiology.
- Publisher: GraphPad Software
- Home page:www.graphpad.com
- Last updated: July 29th, 2020
Fonality is an Internet telephony software. It can be used to call people's telephones through Internet. It is built on the cloud platform. Fonality solutions deliver the services suited to your business needs.Now, HUD serves is a software application that brings all of the power and control of a traditional operator switchboard to your desktop
- Publisher: Fonality
- Home page:www.fonality.com
- Last updated: June 1st, 2011
Super HUD now offers Tournament Shark and Poker Calculator modules! No table customization required – Super HUD works with all skins and table sizes of supported sites. With over 90 stats SUPER HUD has all your key stats covered – ROI, Mucked Hands, Chance of Winning, Tournament Rank, ITM, Aggression Factor and more!
- Publisher: Poker Pro Labs
- Last updated: November 30th, 2011
Betabrite Prism Messaging Software
Run your programmable BetaBrite LED display with our intuitive messaging programs, each created especially for the Classic and Prism models by Adaptive.Create, view and manage your messages from the convenience of your PC. And downloading to your LED sign is fast and easy!The software comes complete to connect to your digital sign.
- Publisher: Betabrite
- Home page:www.betabrite.com
- Last updated: September 2nd, 2010
SkinPack HUD-Gold is a theme for Windows 7, 8, and 10. You get new Windows icons, taskbar, start menu, and Windows Explorer, all with black and gold colored theme. Password for the installer is 'skinpacks.com', without quotes. You must unistall old or other version of skin packs before install new one.
- Publisher: SKINPACK
- Last updated: June 24th, 2016
Beta Brite Prism Messaging Software
Beta Brite Prism Messaging Software is a free-to-use application for Windows OS that allows you to create animated messages for electronic LED displays.Main features:- Send messages to the Betabrite Prism signboard.- You can create many messages in the same time.
- Publisher: Adaptive Micro Systems
- Last updated: July 28th, 2016
Any change made to HUD settlement statement charges will update the comparison sheet and tolerances computation automatically. This feature ensures that your GFE-HUD comparison sheet is always up-to-date as you make changes to HUD settlement statement.
- Publisher: Easy Soft LLC
- Home page:www.easysoft-usa.com
- Last updated: March 19th, 2012
Prism for Windows
This PrISM for Windows evaluation is not a stripped down version or a slide show, it's an actual working copy of the full-featured product.Once you have it installed, just click Create Order from the Manager's module and select the menu that best matches your organization.
- Publisher: Microworks POS Solutions, Inc.
- Home page:www.microworks.com
- Last updated: April 7th, 2012
Behind Prism's drag-and-drop user interface and eye-grabbing visualization options lies a technology that forever changes the world of business analytics software. By removing limitations to data size and performance imposed by in-memory and relational databases, Prism enables any business to deliver interactive terabyte-scale analytics to thousands of users within hours.
- Publisher: SiSense
- Home page:www.sisense.com
- Last updated: May 29th, 2013
Refractor creates a Prism web application from within Firefox. Users can manually create web applications using 'Tools > Convert Website to Application'.The extension can also detect embedded web application bundles on web pages and prompt the user to install the bundle.
- Publisher: Qualcomm, Inc.
- Last updated: January 30th, 2012