Jan 18, 2018 To do so: In Word for Windows, on the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the paragraph icon. In Word for Mac OS X, click the paragraph icon in the Standard toolbar. If you don't see the icon, from the View menu, choose Toolbars, and then check Standard. Step 1, Go to the home tab or main tool bar, depending on which version of Word you are using. In newer versions of Word, the 'Show/Hide Formatting Marks' button is located under the “Home” tab in the “Paragraph” section of the toolbar. In older versions of Word however, the button should be on the main toolbar.Step 2, Identify the 'Show/Hide Formatting Marks' button. The 'Show/Hide Formatting Marks' button looks like a paragraph mark (¶). Generally, it is located in the upper right. To change them, just uncheck what you don’t want to be displayed. To show paragraph marks on in Microsoft Word for Mac:. Click Word in the top menu. From the Word menu, choose Preferences.
How to show or hide formatting marks in Word?
There are many formatting marks in Word document, such as tab characters, spaces, paragraph marks, hidden text, optional hyphens, object anchors, optional breaks and so on. Some of them are shown and some of them are hidden by default. Follow this tutorial to learn how to show or hide them in Word.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
More Than 100 Powerful Advanced Features for Word, Save 50% Of Your Time.
Bring Tabbed Editing And Browsing To Office (Include Word), Far More Powerful Than The Browser's Tabs.
Show or hide formatting marks in Word 2003
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Step 1: click Tools menu > click Options
Step 2: click View tab, check any formatting marks in Formatting marks section to show them in document, or you can check All item to show all kinds of formatting marks in document.
The keyboard shortcut of showing all formatting marks: Ctrl+* or Shift+Ctrl+8
Show or hide formatting marks in Word 2007/2010/2013
click Officeicon and then click Word Options in Word 2007;
click Filetab and then click Options in Word 2010/2013.
Step 2: click Display, in Always show these formatting marks on the screen section, check to show them in documents or you can check Show all formatting marks to show all formatting marks in document.
Note: If you want to show or hide all formatting marks, you can click under Home tab, or you can press shortcut Ctrl+* to switch showing or hiding.
Show or hide formatting marks in Word with Kutools
Kutools gathering formatting marks and document content display setting together, it’s more convenient for users.
Kutools for Word, a handy add-in, includes groups of tools to ease your work and enhance your ability of processing word document. Free Trial for 45 days! Get It Now!
1. Please apply the utility by clicking Enterprise > Display Settings in View group, see screenshot:
2. Check the formatting marks you want to show in the Formatting Marks section, or hide them by unchecking. See screenshot:
For more information, please visit: showing formatting marks in Word.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
Kutools For Word - More Than 100 Advanced Features For Word, Save Your 50% Time
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
Hide Paragraph Marks In Microsoft Word For Mac Pro
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
Hide Paragraph Marks In Microsoft Word For Mac Catalina
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.[quote name='Gary Ouellet']I have lines in my documents which I cannot remove. I tried using see formatting marks, but these do not show so that I can remove the lines. What is there to be done to get rid of these lines.[/quote]
[quote name='Sachin']i m using word 2010. i have one table of word doc. in word doc i can't edit any word because in table showing I (green color) type word. & i cant edit in word doc. please send me solution as soon as possible.[/quote]
I am trying to remove format lines from my document as stted by 'Gary Ouellet'
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.I have lines in my documents which I cannot remove. I tried using see formatting marks, but these do not show so that I can remove the lines. What is there to be done to get rid of these lines.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.paragramaph marks box automatically selects or what it was embarrasing finally I opened the Tools , Options click on view button go to formatting marks uncheck the paragraph marks box cliock O.K. that will do
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Sachin,
Can you explain more what you are saying, and if possible, link to a screen capture of your problem?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.i m using word 2010. i have one table of word doc. in word doc i can't edit any word because in table showing I (green color) type word. & i cant edit in word doc. please send me solution as soon as possible.
Hide Paragraph Marks In Microsoft Word For Mac Computers
List of Formatting Symbols in Microsoft Word
Sometimes I see special symbols are showing up at the end of each paragraph in my Microsoft Word document. What are they? If you special symbols showing up at the end of each paragraph, they are called formatting symbols (also called formatting marks). Formatting symbols are hidden by default. You c... 2020-07-13, 81191👍, 26💬
Free Microsoft Word For Mac
Header/Footer Design Options in Microsoft Word
What are header and footer design options in Microsoft Word? I want to learn more about creating headers and footers. Microsoft Word does support a number of design options on how to create headers and footers. Here is a high level summary: 1. A dedicated menu for headers and footers. Double-click i... 2016-06-25, 2453👍, 0💬
Hide Paragraph Marks In Microsoft Word For Mac Os
What Are Sections in Microsoft Word
What are sections in Microsoft Word? What can I do with sections? Sections in Microsoft Word allow you to divide a document into different parts, so that you can format each part differently. For example, if you want the top part of a page to display text in one column, and the bottom part to displa... 2016-06-25, 1314👍, 0💬
Hide Paragraph Marks In Word Mac
Open Microsoft Word Template File as Template
How to open a Microsoft Word Template File as a template? I want to modify the template. If you double-click on a Microsoft Word template file, it will open it as a Word document, not as a template, because Word is thinking you want to create a new document from the template. If you want open a Word... 2016-06-25, 1220👍, 0💬
Hide Paragraph Marks In Microsoft Word For Macs
Using Headers/Footers in Microsoft Word
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on using headers and footers in Microsoft Word? I want to learn how to use headers and footers. Here is a list of frequently asked questions and their answers compiled by FYIcenter.com team on how to use headers and footers in Microsoft Word: Heade... 2016-06-25, 1186👍, 0💬