Welcome to the Nexon Launcher. The Nexon Launcher is our new streamlined approach for installing, updating and playing all your favorite Nexon games. I don't believe Maplestory will ever run on Mac or Linux without support from Nexon. The only way you could possibly get it to run is disable or work around the hack protection, which is an awful idea and will just get you banned. Still, one can hope that someday they will fix it to work for these operating systems.
It was in the year 2000 when the game MapleStory was first introduced and released. People loved it back then, until it suddenly went quiet for some time. Even so, it had built a huge fan base.
This 2D massively multiplayer online (MMO) takes players to the entirely different and fascinating Maple World, where they defeat monsters, develop their characters’ skills and abilities, and even engage in chatting and trading.
- MapleStory M is a Role Playing game developed by NEXON Company. BlueStacks app player is the best platform (emulator) to play this Android game on your PC or Mac for an immersive gaming experience. There is no more need for waiting. MapleStory M is finally here and it is everything you were hoping for.
- MapleStory was originally released for Windows, but a Nintendo version was created called MapleStory DS and an iOS version for iPad and iPhone devices, called MapleStory M, followed. Now if you are a Mac gamer, do not feel disheartened because there is actually a way to play MapleStory on Mac.
- Hope any MapleStory Mac users that use a virtual machine can benefit from my native client (great for Macbooks since no emulation is required). If anybody has previosly run MS in wine on a mac before (the client) or have run a Mac MapleStory server i would love to hear their experience. Twitter me @colemancda.
Doesn’t it all sound exciting? Unfortunately, Mac users wouldn’t feel the excitement as the game is not officially supported by macOS.
MapleStory was originally released for Windows, but a Nintendo version was created called MapleStory DS and an iOS version for iPad and iPhone devices, called MapleStory M, followed.
Now if you are a Mac gamer, do not feel disheartened because there is actually a way to play MapleStory on Mac. We’ll teach you how below:
Cloud-Based Streaming Service: GeForce NOW for Mac
The easiest and best way to play MapleStory on a Mac is by using NVIDIA’s newest cloud-based streaming service: GeForce NOW for Mac. As of this writing, the service is currently available in beta in select countries in Europe and the United States.
With GeForce NOW for Mac, Mac gamers can play any games from Battle.net or Steam, including MapleStory and MapleStory 2. And regardless of what Mac version they are using, they can run any graphic-demanding game if they want to. So how is this possible?
No, this isn’t any form of witchcraft or sorcery. It’s made possible by the NVIDIA server sites spread across the United States and Europe, where these sites are responsible for handling the processes required by these games.
Once you select a certain game that you want to play on your Mac, the impressive servers of NVIDIA will help you run the game remotely before sending the game to your Mac computer via the internet.
The best part about this service is that every game available on GeForce NOW for Mac has been optimized for streaming. That means Mac gamers can enjoy the best quality possible without having to experience any problems or tweak the graphics settings.
In addition, NVIDIA stores a cached version of each game available on Battle.net and Steam on their different servers, which means there’ll be minimal waiting time while the game downloads. After clicking the Play button, you should already be playing the game.
Then again, take note that the performance of the game will depend on your current internet speed and your distance to their servers. For example, if you have a high-speed internet and you live within 10 miles from a server site, then you will experience a better response than someone with a slow internet connection who is living in a remote area.
As of now, while the service is still in Beta mode, Mac gamers are already responding positively, despite internet speeds in most parts of the United Kingdom only reaching up to 200MB.
But due to the high levels of interest in NVIDIA’s service, interested Mac gamers will have to join a waiting list first to be able to test out GeForce NOW for Mac. As soon as they get access, they can easily sign into their Steam account, select MapleStory or MapleStory 2, and then hit that Play button. That’s it!
Apple Boot Camp Software
What if you don’t have a reliable or a high-speed internet connection to avail NVIDIA’s streaming service? There is still a way to play MapleStory on your Mac. However, it comes at a cost and it will also take a toll on your Mac’s performance and storage space.
But before you try this option, take note that this hasn’t been tested properly for MapleStory, hence you’ll mostly try it at your own risk.
If you want to give this option a go, you need to split your Mac hard drive so you can run Windows 10 on another partition using Apple’s Boot Camp software. You have to semi-permanently partition your hard disk drive and allocate a huge chunk of your Mac’s storage space to let this option work.
To ensure your success with this option, it is best that you provide the Boot Camp partition with as much storage space as possible because the game and the operating system will need it. MapleStory will require about 14GB of storage space, while Windows 10 will need around 20GB.
Of course, you can make changes in the size of the partition as soon as you have installed Windows 10, but be forewarned that doing so might trigger issues.
If you wish to proceed with this option so you can play MapleStory, you need to run Windows 10 on a Mac using Apple’s Boot Camp. Once installed, download and install Steam and MapleStory. After this, game on!
If the first two options don’t work or aren’t feasible for you, try using VirtualBox. Here’s what you should do:
- Download the latest version and its extension pack.
- Next, download the Windows 10 OS from the official Microsoft website.
- Install the VirtualBox VM.
- Once the installation is done, open it and click the New button to create a new virtual machine, which will be Windows 10.
- Give your new virtual machine a name, such as “Windows 10”. Click Continue.
- Follow the instructions until you are able to successfully create a new virtual machine.
- Click on the new virtual machine you created and click Run.
- You should now be able to run Windows 10 on your Mac. On your virtual machine, open Microsoft Edge and download MapleStory.
- Install it and you’re all set!
For quite a long time, Mac users were unable to play games like MapleStory. But thanks to the three options above, Mac users can finally participate in the action and enjoy all the games they want.
Before you go on and try any of these options, we suggest that you download and install Tweakbit Mac Repair first. This amazing tool will help clear valuable space and improve your Mac’s performance so you can enjoy playing MapleStory any time you want without experiencing lags or other speed-related issues.
Maplestory Client For Mac Installer
Do you know other ways to play MapleStory on Mac? We’d like to know. Share them with us in the comments section below.
Photo Source: Wikimedia.org
Maplestory Client For Mac Os
Maplestory Client For Mac High Sierra
You need to update your drivers OR disable your antivirus software.
Control Panel > Display > Settings - Hit Advanced > Troubleshoot and make sure hardware acceleration is at max.
• Error code: 10093
This is a problem with Windows Vista users.
1. Click Start then go to all programs, accessories, command prompt
2. Right click the command prompt and click 'Run as Administrator'.
3. On the command prompt box type netsh winsock reset
4. Press enter and restart your computer.
Option #3 - Close Skype
• Error 38
This error may happen randomly or you stayed in the cash shop for too long. Just start MapleStory again.
Some skills get you the errors.
• Server Check/Firewall
1. It is because the server is down or in the middle of restarting
2. If server is up and you have this error, try disabling any antivirus/firewall you have against the MapleStory client
3. You have been MAC banned
4. Your internet is not connected.
• Missing ijl15.dll
Also, check to see if the MapleStory client has been placed in your v83 folder. Put MapleStory client in your v83 maple folder, and run the client MapleStory from there.
• Can't get pass login
1. Run the client as an admin (for vista & win 7 users)
2. If other players can get online, disable your loopback adaptor.
3. If the problem still exists, wait for a server restart. (Server login is probably down)
• Error Code -2147287038
This error is caused by a missing WZ file in your MapleStory v83 folder. The most common cause is a missing mob.wz. This error also happens if you have custom files from other servers in your v83 folder. So just download the clean v83 wz files
Alternatively, reinstall maple. Go to control panel > programs & features > MapleStory > uninstall. Then reinstall using the downloads.
• Account does not exist / Unregistered ID
Most common cause of this is because you installed v83 into the same folder where your GMS or other versions are saved. Make a new folder on the desktop or wherever you want and name it something like Maplestory v83. Then, install v83 into the new folder, put the MapleStory client in the folder you installed v83, and then login. If this doesn't work, your account might be deleted.
• Error code: -2147024883 (The data is invalid.)
Uninstall and reinstall Maplestory.
• DC after PIC
Your loopback adapter is on use the steps below:
Windows XP Guide
Open 'My Computer'
Right click on 'My Computer' followed by click 'Properties'
Click on the 'Hardware' tab and then click 'Device Manager'
Click the '+' sign next to Network Adapters
Click on Microsoft Loopback Adapter, followed by click delete button
Then a confirmation pop up will open, Choose OK.
Done, uninstall process successfully accomplished and MapleStory starts working
Windows 7 & Vista Guide
Open your control panel
Click on Network and Internet
Click on Network and Sharing Center
On the left side there is a 'change adapter settings' link, click it (For Vista users this is a Manage Network Connections)
There should be several 'local area network' icons. Disable them!
OR It could be a MAC ban
• Error code : -2147287038 (Unknown error 0x800300002)
1) Download a clean Npc.wz file here.
2) Extract the Npc.wz into your MapleStory folder.
3) When prompted, replace the new Npc.wz with the existing one.
• Error code: -2005532292 (unknown error 0x8876017C)
1) Disable your firewall.
2) Restart MapleStory
3) If step 1 fails, uninstall your firewall program.
4) Restart your computer, then launch MapleStory
5) If unsuccessful, install a different firewall program.
• Blackscreen Fix
Alot of people get this.
1. Find MapleStory in your folder and right click it.
3. Click on 'Properties'.
4. In the menu choose 'compatibility' click on 'Settings for users' (or something like that, it should be at the bottom above the 'OK' button).
This will open a new screen on top of your properties, then find the Check box under 'Compatibility Mode'
5. Put the thing under it on 'Windows XP (Service pack 2)'
6. Run as Administrator and Press 'OK'.
1. Go to 'Processes'
2. Find MapleStory in the list and right click it
3. Click on Priority
4. Change it to realtime(/high might work too)
(If you get a note that you cannot change it, go to Computer> C: > Windows > System 32 > Taskmgr.exe
Right click Taskmgr.exe and run as admin
Once you did this you should be able to change the priority)
• 'MapleStory has stopped working'
This only happened with VISTA users.
Try to run it with compatibility mode, and try running it as admin.
Redownload v83 completely, and redownload MapleStory.
If that still doesn't work then I suggest you reset your whole computer.
• Socket Error Code / Error Code : 10106 (The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized)
When using a cable modem this happens when the DHCP client on the PC hangs. To fix this you usually power cycle the modem (remove power, wait a few seconds and plug it back in). Then you will get 'not a socket' error when trying to renew the IP address. So all you have to do is reset winsock. Either by deleting the reg keys or by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog in cmd
• Error Code :-2147221000 (DLL for class not found)
One of your files in is corrupted/missing:
Re-download a CLEAN AND NEW v83 client from the website and a CLEAN client with WZ files. Put them all in one folder that has no other Maple clients except MapleStory.exe.
• Error Code: 11004
Note: This is unlikely to happen in private servers as compared to the other errors.
For Windows XP:
Press 'Windows Key' & R The Run box should now appear
Type 'cmd.exe' in the box and click 'OK' The command prompt window should now appear
Type 'ipconfig /flushdns' and press 'Enter' on your keyboard
Then type 'netsh winsock reset' and press 'Enter' on your keyboard
Reboot your PC. For Windows XP:
For Windows Vista / 7 / 8:
In the start menu search bar, type 'cmd' 'cmd.exe' should be one of the first things on the list to appear.
Right Click 'cmd.exe' and select 'Run as administrator' The command prompt window should now appear with administrator privledges
Type 'ipconfig /flushdns' and press 'Enter' on your keyboard
Then type 'netsh winsock reset' and press 'Enter' on your keyboard
Reboot your PC.