- The beginning of the new year brings a special opportunity for your children’s ministry. Kids are thinking about the new year and many will even stay up late with their families. I’ve even heard very young ones making grown-up sounding resolutions.
- Tips in Writing a Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) A few guidelines that you may follow in writing curriculum vitae are as follows: Be mindful on where you will use the curriculum vitae. It is very important that the content of your curriculum vitae is related to the purpose of its creation. Always be aware of your grammar and punctuation.
- New Milestoneseffective Curriculum Ideas Activities
- New Milestoneseffective Curriculum Ideas 4th Grade
- New Milestoneseffective Curriculum Ideas Middle School
- New Milestoneseffective Curriculum Ideas Preschool
JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey is conceived as a mentor-based, spiritual formation and discipleship program for new Christians that will be available internationally to help new believers understand and begin to practice the basic disciplines of the Christian life.
‘Interests’ are subjects, ideas, things, topics and events which fascinate and stimulate the curiosity of the child.
New Milestoneseffective Curriculum Ideas Activities
Within an Emergent Curriculum educators use ‘interests’ of the children, families, community and themselves as the substance of the learning program.
Selected interests are then developed through ‘projects’ or ‘investigations’ – involving related fun and interesting, hands-on learning experiences in which the children and adults work together to further explore the interest and express their own theories and understandings through a variety of representative mediums.
Even very young children have interests. For example, at any moment a young baby or toddler is learning to roll, or crawl, or walk, or jump. This is their current interest, they are determined to master the new skill, they practise and practise. So we (often spontaneously) formulate experiences to encourage mastery of this new skill. We support and cheer on their efforts to jump, we jump with them, we sing and jump to make jumping fun. This is a form of Emergent Curriculum – taking what the child is interested in learning about and making it interesting and engaging for them to learn it.
New Milestoneseffective Curriculum Ideas 4th Grade
For a slightly older child it might be an obsession with a particular toy or book that provides the leap pad for further learning. I can tell you that this…
…is a key figure in one of Immy’s current interests, cats! This grotty, sucked on, snotted on, fed porridge and drinks of milk from her own bowl and cup, beanie toy is her constant companion. At eighteen months of age, Immy loves cats. We had a cat, Millie, until we moved to Perth when Immy was 12 months old and Immy was fascinated by her. She would light up when Millie came into the room, crawl after her once she was mobile and she mastered opening our sliding, screen door to get to Millie out on our balcony!
New Milestoneseffective Curriculum Ideas Middle School
I can (and do) use Immy’s fascination with cats to further her learning about the world.
In my work I have seen children with interests in all manner of things, from the common ones like snails or superheroes, to the more bizarre (try creating an interesting curriculum about garbage trucks), to those stimulated by popular culture like a TV character (think Dora or Diego) or children’s movie (Nemo has changed the world of aquariums forever).
New Milestoneseffective Curriculum Ideas Preschool
The key is for the educator (be it teacher, child care worker, or parent) to be attuned to the child’s play, conversations and activity for clues to each child’s interests.
What are your child/ren’s current interests?
Read more of the Understanding Emergent Curriculum series;
|The Child in the Community|
|Are We Supporting the Hundred Languages of Children?|