Turn off your Chromebook. To turn off your Chromebook completely, try one of these options: At the bottom right, select the time. At the bottom right, select the time. Select Sign out Shut down. Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds. Press and hold the Power button until you see a menu to Power off or Sign out. Verb To disable, disconnect, or stop the function of something. A noun or pronoun can be used between 'turn' and 'off.' I forgot to turn off my laptop, and now the battery is dead. Please turn the water off when you're done brushing your teeth. Turn off definition: If you turn off the road or path you are going along, you start going along a different. Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples. In the song “Turn it Off”, Elder McKinley is giving Elder Price advice on how to get rid of bad feelings. His message is to “Turn it off, like a light switch”, or to simply repress feelings instead.
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. verb To disable, disconnect, or stop the function of something. A noun or pronoun can be used between 'turn' and 'off.' I forgot to turn off my laptop, and now the battery is dead.Please turn the water off when you're done brushing your teeth.
2. verb To steer a vehicle or walk off of a particular path or route. You're going to turn off at the next exit.We turned off the main path and started hiking around the edge of the lake.
3. verb To cause someone to dislike, become averse to, or lose interest in something. A noun or pronoun can be used between 'turn' and 'off.' Sometimes followed by 'to (something).' I thought the subject would be interesting, but the professor's boring lectures really turned me off.I know that the accident really turned Janet off to driving on the highway.
4. verb To cause someone to lose sexual interest or excitement. A noun or pronoun can be used between 'turn' and 'off.' Nothing turns me off like someone who is arrogant.I think he was turned off by her many tattoos.Sorry, knowing your roommates are home kind of turns me off.
5. noun Something that causes someone to lose sexual interest or excitement. As a noun, the phrase is usually hyphenated. It's a big turn-off when a guy just talks about himself.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
uninterested. I'm sort of turned off to stuff like that these days. Part of getting older, I guess. I can't pay attention if I'm turned off, now can I?
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
mod. uninterested. I’m sort of turned off to stuff like that these days. Part of getting older, I guess.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
Turning Off Windows Defender
Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.
Laptop Turning It Off
Link to this page:
Turning It Off And On Again
Follow these steps to temporarily turn off real-time antivirus protection in Windows Security. However, keep in mind that if you do, your device may be vulnerable to threats.
Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings (or Virus & threat protection settings in previous versions of Windows 10).
Switch Real-time protection to Off. Note that scheduled scans will continue to run. However, files that are downloaded or installed will not be scanned until the next scheduled scan.